Monday, May 19, 2014

The Upside Downers!




This page turned out to be a surprise. In an effort to cover the blue blotches in the background I dabbed paint all over the page, then used a circle template adding white paint in the open circles. I then outline the circles with a fine-point black sharpie and then decided to draw faces inside.

The SURPRISE was that I had turned the journal upside down and now all the faces are actually upside down when I go through my book! I gasped. Thought about it for a second. Then decided that it's actually a happy coincidence that the cartoon-ish faces are upside down. So I laughed and moved on! I call this the "Upside Downers" page. Since taking this photo, I've added some journaling to the page explaining how it came to be.

Sometimes you just have to laugh!

2 comments:

  1. LOL. I like your Upside Downers. They made me smile! like your backround too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I had to laugh when this happened. It's what Art journaling is all about - having fun!

    ReplyDelete