Thursday, June 26, 2014

"Art Journey" Doodle Page


I took 1/2 day off from work the other day. I ran some errands, did a little clothes shopping and sat in the sun for a couple of hours and created the background of this journal page, just the black and white, not the coloring. Just goes to show you how much you can do in a short amount of time with no distractions.

I'd say I'm about halfway through this page as I still have lots of color to add. I found it very relaxing to draw and to color. I find that if I watch someone else doodle (I watch YouTube art videos a lot while I'm working in my journal) that it motivates me and keeps me moving forward. For example, while doing this page I was watching a woman doodle in her journal and listening to her simultaneously respond to her viewer's questions. She said that she makes at least one mistake per page. I found that very empowering! I made at least one "mistake" on this page, but no one would even notice but me!

I love my art journal. It's very cathartic.

I'll upload more pics as I progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment