My inspiration for this journal page came from Andrea Walford's tutorial on her website.
She's very talented!
The base is a piece of newspaper. I used Mod Podge to glue it down, then more Mod Podge over it, then tore the edges and removed the excess. Then two coats of white acrylic paint, dabbing off some of the paint with a baby wipe. I used a piece of screening as a stencil for the yellow honeycomb effect. The first coat of ink was light yellow, then a coat of antique white. I outlined some of the honeycombs with a fine point black sharpie. The butterflies were stenciled dabbed with ink from a black archival ink pad and a makeup sponge. I stamped the letters using black archival ink.
It's not finished, but I think it's coming along nicely.
Thanks Andrea for the inspiration!